Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The First One

Because I'm off in South Dakota doing the college thing, I thought I'd start a blog to keep everyone that I never see updated on my crazy busy life.
Currently, I'm taking 16 credits, 5 classes and two labs.
College Algebra, Elementry Organic Chemistry with a lab, Spanish 202, Macroeconomics, and Biology 103 with a lab.
Everything is going pretty well except Chemistry, it's kinda kicking me in the butt. Lab is going well but lecture is a struggle.

I'm still working at the Dairy Plant. I've been there for three semesters now and pretty much know how everything works. I work thursdays which are Ice Cream days so I spend 5-7 hours freezing ice cream, about 500 gallons at a time. I also picked up two shifts in the Dairy Bar where we serve our ice cream and I'm starting to become a pro at making shakes! (But I still split a cup every now and then.)



Other than that, I don't do too much these days. I'm involved with Dairy Club and Engage College Ministry. I'm enjoying the new group I found and am even on the leadership team. I also found a church to attned out here (which happens to be the one that sponsors Engage) and am really starting to feel like I belong out here in Brookings.


I also had the oppertunity to visit the Lucky family in colorado for spring break. I hadn't been out there to see them since Senior year and it was a great week of catching up and relaxing! I didn't realize exactly how much I missed them until I was out there again. I'm definately ready to go back.


Brit's like the little sister I never had!!!




The week after we got back, we had the Hansen Hall formal which was just another excuse for all the girls to get dressed up and dance in the lobby. The guy of hansen aren't so big on the formal wear but it was a good night! Below is a shot of the Girls from 2E







1 comment:

  1. I got you added to my list now. I am glad you are out there having a good time! Its good to see what you are up to. Very happy you found a church home and are enjoying that. What a great thing to be apart of....I do expect a milk shake party this summer at the Baker house!

    ReplyDelete