Saturday, March 28, 2009

Annette, Miss Malibu Carbie.

Today is March 28th. 5 months and 2 days since Annette's last day. I'm not sure why I'm thinking about her more this week than other weeks but I am. Maybe it's because it is getting closer and closer to fair time or because the weather has been especially nice (Not the last few days, but before that.). I'm not exactly sure, but I don't mind remembering.

I wrote this, (I guess I would call it a poem) about Annette a few months ago but haven't really felt the need to share it until now. It's not very good (I don't think) but it's how I feel so I guess that means something.







Thinking of you everyday
Wondering why we lost you so soon
a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart
you'll live on in our smiles

God called you home to soon for us
but we have to understand
As much as we wanted you here,
You're place is in Heaven

You lived for him and gave him the reins,
Showed us that Today is the day
Smiling always just like you used to do,
bringing a little bit of your light to the rest of the world

Annette, we will always walk with confidence, even when we feel we don't have any because, you are by our sides.






There You Are by Martina Mcbride, One of Annette's songs.
(Never Alone by Lady Antebellum is the other.)

Annette and I at Regional Horse Bowl Contest in 2007.
Miss Malibu Carbie, We will always Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment